1 can vegan chili
2 -3 cups lettuce (not spinach*)
20 tortilla chips
10 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
1/2 cup Mango Guacamole recipe
2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
2 tablespoons salsa
Heat the chili in a pan on the stove or in the microwave.
Get 2 salad bowls. Split the lettuce between the two bowls. Layer 10 tortilla chips on top of the lettuce in each bowl. Pour half of the chili (more or less to taste) over the chips. Add cherry tomatoes. Top with a dollop of salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- Add a handful of grilled vegetables or grilled tofu.
- Add some hominy.
- Replace the chili with refried beans or black beans
- Use sliced avocado, instead of guacamole.
- For a low-sodium version, you could use black beans instead of chili and go light on the salsa and sour cream.
- Can be easily made gluten-free.
* Note: I avoid using spinach in this recipe. When you pour the chili on the salad, the spinach starts to cook and you end up with slightly slimy spinach instead of a crisp salad. Romaine is a good choice, but most lettuce will work just fine.
More information for Nacho Salad recipe:
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 5 min
- Total time: 10 min