1 pound pasta (cooked according to package directions)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 chopped onion
4 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
2 cups chopped vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini)
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add vegetables. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add a small amount of water of vegetable broth if they get too dry.
Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over pasta.
- Experiment with different combinations of vegetables.
- Used grilled vegetables and skip the step where you sauté the vegetables.
- A can of fire roasted crushed tomatoes instead of regular crushed tomatoes is a great substitution.
- Throw in a handful of sundried tomatoes.
- Use fresh roma tomatoes or a can of low salt tomatoes for the low-sodium version.
- Serve over gluten-free pasta or another grain for a gluten-free meal.
More information for Pasta Marinara recipe:
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Total time: 50 min