1 14 ounce can rinsed and drained hominy
1 14 ounce can rinsed and drained pinto beans
1 14 ounce can enchilada sauce
2 cups chopped Baked Vegetables or Grilled Vegetables
1 chopped yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup minced onions
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (divided)
1 recipe Mexican Marinated Tofu
vegan sour cream
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut the tofu into 1-inch squares.
Lightly oil a large casserole dish. Spread a couple of spoonfuls of enchilada sauce across the bottom of the dish. Add remaining casserole ingredients, except for half of the cilantro, and stir to combine. Bake uncovered in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro over the top.
Serve in a bowl with tortilla chips, avocado slices and vegan sour cream.
- Add a couple layers of corn tortillas, which makes it kind of like an enchilada lasagna.
- Serve with corn tortillas and use the enchilada casserole as filling to wrap like burritos.
- Top with vegan cheese before baking.
- Add fresh or sun dried tomatoes.
- Experiment with other kinds of beans or vegetables.
More information for Enchilada Casserole recipe:
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Total time: 55 min